Monday, June 22, 2009

Lenovo S10 and W700

I was handed two Lenovo laptops to review...

Lenovo for those who don't know already is the company that bought the IBM PC division.

I have always been a fan of IBM laptops, the ThinkPads, and have grown very fund of the Lenovo lines as well. IBM wasn't strong in the consumer market but now i think Lenovo is doing a good job at it.

I do not want to get into specs, since you can go to www.lenovo.com and see for yourselves.

The S10 is a beautiful netbook and the laminated casing looks cool. It is very light as well. I have to say though that fingerprint marking gets shown quickly. (Is the red color feminine? or could be used by men?)

One problem with the red color is that you cannot put it in your dishdasha, it will show through the white fabric. (I dont think additional alteration of the dishdasha pockets is necessery) So maybe if there is White S10, it would be good for men.

the W700 now is another thing... I cannot honestly classify it as a laptop or a notebook, it is more like a Steriods-top. I tried to lift it with one hand... its heavy... seriously...

I believe the main feature in the W700 (it is apparent) is the additional side screen. This is extremely useful for Graphic Designers and Programmers. The screen is an extension to the main screen.

And another feature would be the screen size, it is larger than my home desktop pc.

The side screen W700 is the same size of the screen of S10.

Imagine someone walking in Starbucks with the Lenovo W700... i think he needs an additional table just for the laptop. You need someone to carry it for you maybe.





3 comments:

The Bodyguard said...

7ilwa minak ya Mowgli fikrat el mudeer eli dash 3ala el mowathaf :)

wallah khosh di3aya 7ag el W700

lol

Amirah said...

Loool :D 6aya7t min 7atha el W700 , BAS this time Ana mo ma3ak ;p
Well you might be the expert but I also did my small research on this, I came a cross the fact that the extra screen thing had more than what you described ;p

Truly, imagine how this will assist many site based/workstation users, which helps to manufacture the most of user output. Also, suppose u at work (NOT U the viewers) were surfing the web or playing solitaire ;p then you may activate the onboard camera and move the video image to the extra screen…u can use it to see if anyone is lurking behind..!! President maybe ;p

Again, I might not be part of the targeted market for these heavy designs , but not against innovative trend. :)

FarFaLLa said...

I enjoyed the way u explained the different features of the 2 laptops.

for me 7abet the red one it is girly:)