Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Kitchen


I've just had my second meal from The Kitchen (http://www.thekitchen.com.kw/)

The food tastes clean and they have nice concoctions of items. My favorite is the Pumpkin Humus. I have tried two of their soups, the Garlic potato and the Carrot Pumpkin, i must say the soups are amazing.

Unfortunately they don't have Dine-In. They only do take out or delivery.

I must say one thing, their customer service is very nice. The first time i ordered, like 3 weeks ago, after a day, a PR person called me from that restaurant, and asked me how was the food. I said it was great but i was disappointed that the pumpkin humus didn't come with bread. I said it should be with bread like regular humus. She said it was a great idea and will do it for my next purchase and will suggest to management to do it.

Today, when i called and ordered the pumpkin humus, i asked the guy does it come with bread, he said no... naturally, i was disappointed, but at the end of the phone call i told him that i was told they will include bread with humus, he said he'll check... and sure enough... when the food arrived...

BREAD ! :D

THAT is good customer service.

anyway...
bon apetite to me
いっただけます
بالعافية
:)

I love the packaging and i also like the sticker that says what the order is.

Ok... notice the wooden utensils (fork, spoon, knife FYI :P) I think they are a cool difference.
Also, the small middle dish over there, is dried pepperoni, very delicious but a bit dry... They should offer a dip with it, if they ask me.

all in all... this restaurant is worth a try.


PS. i don't own stock in this restaurant :P

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where is this resturant ?


By the way, they should pay you for advertizing their products in your blog. Im sure 75% of the people who will read this blog, will get their next meal from that resturant. And all the people who read your fruit basket form, they start searching and contacting the company. So you are doing them a great faivor.

Inshalaa if God helps me and guided me to achive my dream in this life ( open a PACHA resturant مطعم باجا)I will send you free dishes of PACHA to talk about it in your blog.

Anonymous said...

By the way,

Their website is horrable. its like they are selling marble not food.

Mohammad Al-Yousifi said...

how long they take to deliver food?

Anonymous said...

Bel3afya, I would like to try it , also the pricing $$ is not that expensive ..Lets say…

*Carrot Pumpkin soup 2.250
*Pumpkin humus with bread 1.250
*Pepperoni Chips 1.500
*Pappardelle chicken with creamy *parmesan 2.900

** Total KD 7.900

I believe it's quite acceptable :P

Kuwaiti said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Bodyguard said...

Ma 3endohom burger ? :)

and their name is المطبخ gives it a homely food feeling.

Me said...

Are you shifting to a new business?!! no more retail or wholesale? if so, good thinking food is good business everywhere in the world).

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hi there,

My name is George, one of the Staff members, from the company who owns The Kitchen.
It was really thrilling and appreciating, to see your honest and frank comments about our restaurant. Hamdu’llah with the support and prayers from promising customers like you, we will inshallah plan to open a dine in restaurant in the future.

I have noticed the issue, the bread not been served with the hummus, which we have considered, modified and updated our dish. Thanks to you.
We are happy to receive more interactive comments, which will help us improve our food versatility and ultimately satisfy your taste buds.
Looking forward in serving you and all those customers who really enjoy food cooked in a homely manner.

Thanks once again and God Bless.

The Kitchen said...

Hi guys,

Hope you had a full filled week.

Just dropped in to inform all you chocolate lovers, that we have introduced a new dessert.

The chocolate fudge cake. It has all the elements & essences of chocolate craving in its core.

Do try it out!! And do let us know your views and comments.

Thanks

The Kitchen