Monday, April 5, 2010

Japan Trip

okay... i thought it might be a good idea to keep a journal/blog for the entire 3 months trip.
90 days, 90 posts.

To make this a bit educational, whenever you see an English word followed by (a Japanese word in RED) its the meaning of that word.

so... here goes

April 2nd of 2010

left Kuwait and all is well.

On the plane, i was surprised that they had AVATAR, i watched half of it and was too much tired that i had to sleep, that's okay, I'll watch it in Japan, I'll try to find a 3D showing.


April 3rd (first day in Japan)

All went well and smooth in the airport, usually when i leave baggage claim, an undercover cop stops foreigners and asks them questions, harmless but takes a bit of time. This time, that didn't happen, i think its because i had my bags on the trolley and was walking very very fast, and i had that "MOVE I'M IN A HURRY" and "i also smell someone's fart" look on my face. (in other words, the typical BRITISH face/look)

Reached the train station and met Mr. Wanami from the dorm and it was a combination of walking and riding trains for 30 minutes with my bags. All was okay (Daijobu).

I entered the dorm, and with the help of another student from Taiwan they explained the routine here, washers/driers room, garbage disposal procedure, breakfast and dinner procedure, oh and the man in charge made it clear "no women allowed" and immediately i thought "how will i get a maid to clean my room then?!"

the immediate problem i faced once i settled in the room is that there is NOTHING there, ok there's a TV i rented and they did leave ONE UNOPENED NEW toilet roll paper (thank God for that!)

so now, i needed to shower, but without a towel, i managed to use some of the toilet paper and a sweater jacket to dry myself off. (i had to do this so i don't postpone my prayers till tomorrow)

Tomorrow i need to go find a supermarket or convenient store to buy the following,

- Towels
- Soap
- Tissue
- Water
- Toothpaste
- Drinks
- Apples
- Shampoo
- Snacks for the fridge
- Noodles (i have to make sure there is no pork mixed in, difficult task for the moment)

Every Sunday they don't offer meals, so tomorrow I'm on my own, that's fine, I'll manage.

The weather is beautiful, not too cold.

Alright, I'll go read my Haruki Murakami book now.

Goodnight,

PS. i think I'm starting to pick up Kanji letters faster now. I hope this turns out to be similar to the time i took a class to learn HTML, i only needed two classes to learn the basics and then took off learning on my own and was ahead of the class throughout the course.

I, on the other hand, do NOT want it to be like the time i took Calculus B and the professor was such a nut-house that he made me lose TOTAL comprehension of anything with numbers, Calculus, Physics etc.

2 comments:

The Bodyguard said...

First of all ( WELCOME BACK ON THE BLOG ) :)

The Bodyguard said...

no women allowed" and immediately i thought "how will i get a maid to clean my room then?!"

ARE YOU SURE THIS IS THE PROBLEM ??? LOL :)