Tuesday, April 6, 2010

6th of April 2010

I decided not to listen to my ipod touch while walking, i need to hear as much Japanese conversations as possible, even if it means eavesdropping on passers by.

So, i went to the Opening Ceremony at 10 am. There was a list of students and their classes, and so many noisy Chinese students.

Anyway, the whole orientation was in Japanese, and it was a waste of time, i really didn't understand anything. For an academy that teaches Japanese to FOREIGN students, they need to be a bit more understanding! Anyway, i went back to administration and the lady there said "oh, you have to come at 1:30" i didn't understand what she said but i think she said there is another orientation for new students at 1:30. I felt relieved, i guess the morning session was for advanced students. I made sure that she meant today. I said "Kyou wa?" and she confirmed.

So i came back home then went back to school. It turns out that there was nothing today, my class starts tomorrow at 1:30. I don't know if i understood her wrongly or she's just stupid. I think its the latter, i'm pretty sure.

Since the morning session, i felt really really bad, i felt lost.

But, i came back to my senses, i downloaded a Japanese Dictionary from itunes and i'm learning a minimum of 20 Kanji's a day. I figure, i need to study very hard and i think i can do it. They say that a child's brain learns faster than adults... so i guess if i act like a child in Kuwait almost 24/7 so hopefully i can benefit from my childish brain.

the hours of class are not good, 1:30-5:40 pm, i preferred the morning session to give me time in the afternoons, but now at least i can sleep late or jog or study in the morning.

I'll push buying a phone till next week. Now whats most important is for me to learn and change my mental attitude to learning 110%.

I believe in my Basic Level, i'll learn 500 Kanji's. So far i already know 55. If i also practice at home, (in a month's time i'll learn 500 Kanjis) and maybe i'll get more out of the classes then.

I do see a lot more foreigners than before.

Ok... back to studying...

PS. i bought the SD Card converter but i'm having a hard time uploading on blogger... stupid website.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Study well boss :)
we miss u a lot..
good luck...

Mohammad Al-Yousifi said...

dont waste ur time

come back

ill let u win in kout

:)

Bunny said...

I guess you understood the lady wrong, Im pretty sure :P
Don't feel bad, you just arrived. It'll get better soon :)

The Bodyguard said...

so today in Japanese means tomorrow ? lol
:-)