Saturday, February 17, 2007

On behalf of all men...

Ladies… Mothers… Sisters… Daughters… Aunts… Grandmothers… Granddaughters… Girls… Women…

I am sorry.

I am deeply… solemnly… sorry.

I am sorry for all the prejudice you've been getting through-out the ages.
It's only because we, men, are insecure in nature.

I am sorry for not giving you your rights up until recently.
It's only because we need to feel superior.

I apologize for HISTORY written in "his-story" and not "her-story".
And only having it written in half truth… if it can be called "truth".

I am drowning in shame… the past catches up with us men… a shameful past.

We mistreated you… buried you alive… looked at you in disgust…
And we couldn't have been any more disgusting.

You accepted us for who we were, and are… and we can't help think of anything better than to pinpoint all your shortcomings and weaknesses.

We erased you from mankind's history.
Side-lining you from mankind's collective history.

I apologize for words like "MAN-kind", "hu-MAN" and all that demotes your kin.

We took your "elegance", and called it "fragility".
We took your "patience", and called it "indecisiveness".
We took your "kindness", and called it "weakness".

I am so sorry for all the psychological crap you've been getting from us.

I apologize for all the excess baggage you've been carrying.
Baggage you carry since birth… just because you lack a Y-chromosome.

Forgive us for taking your spirits hostage for thousands of years.

Imprisoning your aspirations, hopes, dreams, and talents.
We are cowards… afraid of any competition.

Enslaving your voices… voices wanting to be heard.
We are the slaves… slaves to our fear.

It was always easier to knock you down, than to build ourselves up.
It was always easier to boost our self esteem through demeaning women, than to achieve something.
And when we did achieve… we achieved nothing but bloodshed.

I have no excuse for the unjust treatment of women today…

We're closing on the year 2007 A.D. and we still think marriage is nothing more than possession.

Girls raised in the possession of their father… until possession is transferred to a husband.

Invisible chains…

I am so… so… sorry for not giving women the proper education, knowledge, so that they can see what they are being made to endure.

When a woman chooses enslavement over a free spirit, I know, that was not a choice of someone who've tasted freedom, and I, again, apologize…

I know this is a concoction of men… centuries of conditioning and false teaching to women.

I am sorry for including the word "men" in "wo-men".

Please forgive us…

Forgive us for not knowing how to let go… how to loosen our grips.
Forgive us for believing our masculinity is x-rayed as controlling you.

I am sorry…
I am sorry…
I am sorry…




















Thank you women for not accepting the status quo.

For letting your voice be heard through all the clutter deafening our ears.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

love the post..at least there is someone out there that has the guts to say the truth!