Monday, May 17, 2010

17th May 2010

let me just say this... i LOVE my parents...

to grow up in a house with so many books is just a blessing.

I took one of the books i thought might be interesting with me. Its called "mapping the mind" even though its a bit old and might (certainly) be outdated by now, i still find it very interesting.

it has a part about OCD which made me learn about myself, or let me rephrase, it made me understand why i act the way i do in so many instances.

there was a part about OCD that i liked reading, let me quote

"People with OCD tend to be exceptionally good, in that they go to extreme lengths to avoid doing anything wrong. They are often obsessed with morality and are scrupulously honest. The need to be truthful may be taken to absurd lengths, as with this patient:

'if I was talking to you and I mentioned that I had seen some one in a red dress, as soon as I said it I would start to think: "was it really red? Or could it have been another colour?" Once the idea had got into my head that I might have misled you - even if it didn't matter one bit what colour the dress was - I would start thinking: "should I confess that I said the wrong colour or should I make myself live with the guilt?" So I try to avoid saying anything that could be wrong. I put "I think" or "I'm pretty sure" or "it could have been" in front of everything. It is a sort of ritual- a way of making sure I can never tell a lie." [Rita Carter, Mapping the Mind, p.90]

very interesting book throughout.

anyway... other than that it was a normal day, school, 6.5 K jog, laundry, and studying...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

teach us ..
we are learning from you .
thnx

The Bodyguard said...

nice quote , but i liked the end :

It is a sort of ritual- a way of making sure I can never tell a lie."

:)

The Bodyguard said...

God Bless