Wednesday, October 20, 2010

October 20th 2010





So, back in Japan... it only makes sense to start writing again.

But before that... let me share with you what happened with Emirates Airlines 2 days ago.

After arriving at terminal 3 in Dubai. I went to collect my bag. My bag was very heavy due to the amount of gifts i brought with me to share with my friends in Japan.

As i carried my bag from the bags belt, i noticed it was damp and it dampened my pants. I quickly set it down and began to inspect it. It was HALF SOAKED in some STINKING MOISTURE! It wasn't water, perhaps it was sewage water or something!


i was furious. Anyway it took my a good part of an hour to navigate from one place to the next in the stupid emirates terminal 3 until i reached the business class baggage claims office. It was 1 am by the way. So here is what they told me.

"Normally we will take the bag and clean it for you. But since you're only staying in Dubai for 2 days and then continuing to Japan, we ask you to clean it and we'll pay the amount"

Now for those people who know me, it is not a secret that i hate Dubai and everything Dubai! And this is why. The emirates people think by building the latest and biggest terminals people will love them. 2 words for you people! CUSTOMER SERVICE.

I replied to the lady, "So i have nothing else but to visit dry cleaners here? I am here on business, and i am a guest in Dubai, i dont know where laundries are!"

To cut the story short, they came the next morning quickly and took the bag, cleaned it and returned it the following day.

Ok, so they fixed their problem, but i'm still not happy. I mean, they should compensate me for my troubles, right or wrong?

In this day an age of competitive business, and flying Emirates on Business class! someone should expect at least the minimum not the best in customer service. And correct me if i'm wrong but fixing the problem is not enough, since they brought this problem on me, then should have at least went an extra step to satisfy me.

i'm deeply disappointed in Emirates. :s

and i was kind of pleased that Dubai was empty! the malls are empty, gitex wasn't as good as i remembered. Streets are empty!

so maybe now they will start investing in customer service rather than just big, fake buildings

-----------

Japan! Osaka! YES! :)

I am not kidding when i say, after arriving in Namba and walking in the street with my bag, going to the hotel. I actually noticed a few familiar faces. I mean, Ok, to some of you, Japanese people all look a like, but i think i can tell them apart. I think :P So, Walking on Midosuji street, i DID recognize some faces. I think, or i guess, most of the people are going by there daily routines, walking by the same places everyday, going from point A to B, repeatedly without thinking about it. And it dawned on me. For a few months in my life, i too was part of those people! I too was calling this area MY area. I too was a familiar face on those streets. And that filled my with nostalgia like you wouldn't believe.

So after settling in the hotel, i met some of my school friends and went directly to my favorite place for food in Osaka :D BAGEL & BAGEL!

I'm going tomorrow for breakfast, and probably lunch, and dinner :D

B & B!!! BAGEL AND BAGEL!!! or as the Japanese would pronounce it, BAGERU AN BAGERU :D


Oh, on a down note, as gifts i brought from Kuwait Rahash and Darabeel. I wrapped the Rahash in plastic bags and taped them shut. But i think the plastic box of the rahash broke and some of the oil spilled out of the box. It is still contained inside the plastic bag. But i was planning to take it out and put it in a nicer paper bag when presenting it to friends. But i guess i will have to give them as is and warn them that it might be oily and they should bring tissue with them.

anyway... i'm in OSAKA :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wallah zain 5athooha nathifooha o radooha shtaby ba3ad!

O ba3dain ako shkithir shakawy 3ala il warsha!! o masikly in this day in age o competition o madry sheno.. ily bayta min zijaj ma yarmy il nas ib 7ajar! :p

allamba almur3ba said...

they have to send u chocolate :P

a9lan mafi methelna bel customer service.. ;)

Hamoor said...

ooooo, shfeee Anonymous dash 7amee, elee engal bel post is normal, dont expect mogly to be happy after what happen with him in UAE. Ba3deen shyab el warsha bel salfa. Ba3deen gasmen 3alehom ya5thoooha weynathfooha ba3ad, u know how much it cost to fly on Business class? wo ent za3lan 3ala taslee7 jehas eb 10 KD.

Mogly, enjoy u trip

Hi Its Me said...

I usually do not waste my time on complaints; in this case, nothing they will do will make it up to me either. Enjoy Japan!